Join us for recreational and competitive swimming at the Woolwich Memorial Centre Pool in Elmira. Swimmers will be coached in swim stroke techniques and be challenged in a fun and friendly atmosphere!
Due to Covid-19 the summer swim team session and SWORSA swim meets have been cancelled. We will provide an update once we have more information on a fall session.
Spring/Summer Session: Cancelled due to Covid-19
Planned Fall Session: Sept. 15th to Dec. 10th.
All programs have limited space and often fill up quickly. Join our mailing list to receive emails on key registration dates.
Regular Session Information
The Woolwich Swim Team regular practices are on Tuesdays and Thursday at the Woolwich Memorial Centre in Elmira. Swimmers can choose to swim one or both days.
Swimmers are divided into levels according to ability. New swimmers should register in Level 1 or 2 based on their age and criteria below. During the first few weeks of practice, the coaches will do an evaluation and may move swimmers to the different level.
Level 1: 5 to 5:30 PM
- New swimmers age 11 and under should register for Level 1.
- Swimmers must pass the WMC pool swim test.
- Swimmers are expected to be able to comfortably swim without assistance in the water.
- Recommend Red Cross Swim Kids 4 or 5.
Level 2: 4:45-5:30 or 5:00-5:45 or 5:45-6:30 PM (3 time options)
- New swimmers ages 12 and up should register for Level 2.
- Swimmers must pass the WMC pool swim test.
- In addition to the swim test, swimmers must be able to swim 2 lengths of the pool, completely unassisted without stopping, front crawl and back crawl.
- Recommend Red Cross Swim Kids 6 or 7.
Level 3: 5:30 to 6:30 PM
- Swimmers will move to Level 3 based on coaching assessment and space availability. All new swimmers should register is Level 1 or 2.
Swim Together (Girls 8 to 13, Mothers/Female Guardians)
Offered Saturday 3-4pm
Improve your fitness and swimming techniques with experienced female coaches, bond with your daughter, and have fun in the pool! Girls and their mothers/female guardians will develop stroke technique, prepare for lifelong fitness, and enjoy the social support of others.
- Youth swimmers must pass the WMC pool swim test.
- Adults must be comfortable swimming 50m with their face in the water.
- This program is offered by the Woolwich Wave Swim Team, in partnership with the University of Waterloo, and the Township of Woolwich. The program is made possible through a Gender Equity in Recreational Sport Community Grant (CPRA) and the Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC).
- SWORSA league rules only allow 2 hours of coached time per week. Swimmers participating in Swim Together may optionally participate in one other night of swim team practice (Tuesday or Thursday). Swimmers must swim on Tuesday and/or Thursday to participate in swim meets.
Session Fees (Spring/Summer 2020). Swimmer can swim 1 or 2 nights per week.
Level 1: $83 (1 night) or $149 (2 nights)
Level 2: $111 (1 night) or $198 (2 nights)
Level 3: $139 (1 night) or $248 (2 nights)
Swim Together: $25/person (Girls must register with their mother/female guardian)
Woolwich Wave Swim Team Session Refund Policy
You are eligible for a full refund, minus a $20 administration fee, two weeks or more before the start of the session. Less than two weeks before the start of the session, you are eligible for a prorated refund, minus a $20 administration fee as follows:
80% refund before the start of the session.
70% refund the first week of the session.
50% refund the second week of the session.
No refunds will be issued after the second week of the session.
Registration for the fall session typically happens in August. We will provide further updates in the summer once we have more information on Covid-19 closures.
The Woolwich Swim Team competes in four swim meets each summer with the other SWORSA swim teams from Fergus and Kincardine. The meets are held in June and July in Fergus, Kincardine, Elmira and a final meet at a neutral venue (typically Wilmot). Woolwich also hosts a fun meet in the fall and winter sessions.
- Swimmers must compete in Meet #1 and/or Meet #2 to qualify for the Semi-Finals
- Swimmers must compete in the Semi-Finals to qualify for the Finals.
- The top 8 swimmers in each event will qualify for the finals.
2020 Fun Meet Dates:
The swim team typically hosts a fun meets around March and November.
2020 Summer SWORSA Swim Meets:
2020 SWORSA swim meets have been cancelled due to Covid-19.
SWORSA 2020 Event List
SWORSA Swim Meet Information Sheet
For the summer SWORSA swim meets each swimmer can enter three individual events from the SWORSA event list below. The coaches will work with each swimmer to select their events. Swimmers will also compete in two relay events.
The Woolwich Wave Swim Team is a volunteer run organization.
Swim team practices are held at the Woolwich Memorial Centre in Elmira, ON: